New poll

by BostonPostMortem Board on March 20, 2007

in General

We held PM to Boston this month. Please take a moment to tell us how you feel about the change of venue.

{ 8 comments }

Seg March 20, 2007 at 9:42 pm

I feel that the move to Boston for a location opens up the discussion to a large array of people who would not otherwise be able to make it.

Kate Olmstead March 22, 2007 at 1:03 am

I think holding PM in Boston could bring in more students and young adults looking to get into the industry! We already have an established group of attendees who are in the industry. Bringing in a younger, newer crowd will help put these veterans connections and advice to good use! Plus its easier for many people to get to via public transportation which can save the environment!

Joe Oliveri March 22, 2007 at 11:18 am

Maybe have it at another place in Boston, that was a very small place. However it was better for me to commute.

Will March 22, 2007 at 1:34 pm

I love the new location. I don’t normally go when it’s in Waltham but I’ll always show up if it’s in Boston.

Shane Morrison March 23, 2007 at 1:41 pm

I didn’t go but I think this is going to be good. I’m an independant developer, and it’s nice to be able to collaborate with industry people, making it in a more public place will make it so the solo dev guys like me can attend and make it on time.

Evan NIkolich March 25, 2007 at 5:44 pm

I thought the new location in Boston was great. It brought out people I have not seen at Post Mortem before, which was a definite plus. I thought it brought some more students, and it will hopefully attract more people from metro Boston game studios to come on out.

Brian March 28, 2007 at 11:22 am

I didn’t go to the last one, but Boston is a much better commute for me.

Dan March 28, 2007 at 1:37 pm

My experience with the new venue was awful.
I hard to worm my way through the backstreets of the financial district during the tail end of rush hour traffic. Parking at the suggested lot cost me $20. Once I arrived there wasn’t enough space for, what seemed to me, a light attendance.

A good post-mort location is comprised of a number of elements:
– free to hold our meeting there
– convenient to public transportation
– convenient to driving
– large enough to actually hold a large number of attendees
– has decently priced food
– serves beer

For my money, The Skellig serves our needs better. If we can find a more Boston-centric venue, that fulfills more of our needs; I’d love to attend but I don’t see myself revisiting the new location.

Thanks for your efforts in trying to make the postmortem meetings more interesting and accessible.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post: